CAR T-cell therapy is increasingly becoming available in Latin America, with several centers emerging as leaders in this specialized treatment. Here's an overview of some of the top CAR T-cell therapy centers in the region:
- Clinica Santa Maria in Santiago, Chile: Specializes in hematologic malignancies and is known for its high-quality treatments and modern infrastructure. It has partnerships with renowned research organizations for advancements in CAR T-cell therapy.
- Hospital Alemão Oswaldo Cruz in São Paulo, Brazil: Focuses on leukemia and lymphoma treatments. It is a hub for clinical research with international collaborations to stay updated on the latest techniques and protocols.
- Medica Sur in Mexico City, Mexico: Specializes in hematologic and solid tumors. The center is equipped with state-of-the-art technology necessary for the complex procedure of modifying T cells.
- Fundación Valle del Lili in Cali, Colombia: Known for its specialization in pediatric hematologic malignancies, offering a multi-disciplinary approach that includes psychosocial support alongside medical treatment.
- Hospital Español in Montevideo, Uruguay: Focuses on lymphoma treatments, with a strong emphasis on research and development, enabling it to provide innovative solutions in CAR T-cell therapy.
- Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán in Mexico City, Mexico: Offers a variety of services, including an impressive CAR T-cell therapy program, with partnerships with international research bodies.
Additionally, there is ongoing development and clinical application of CAR T-cell therapy in Brazil, as indicated by a study that involved the treatment of patients with refractory leukemia and lymphomas using locally manufactured CAR T-cells. This shows a significant effort in the region to develop local technologies and improve research initiatives in the field of gene and cell therapy.